Wednesday 10 June 2015

WISH ME WELL; A MESSAGE FROM TIMI DAKOLO


As beautiful as life is, here comes a time in life or phase when a decision is to be made, the decision that all you know about it is the beginning, all you have about the future is hope.
Every big dream like a seed has this period, a period you fall down alone to die and trusting to sprout out into a tree with fruits, fruits of success, fruits of joy and happiness.
Inspired by the lyrics of the song of a young and inspiring artist TIMI DAKOLO “WISH ME WELL”, tagged The Hustler’s Anthem tells a story of a young man,
tired of his present state, wishing for a better place, and better platform for the actualisation of his dreams.

 Wish me well LYRICS
I pack my bags am leaving town,


 i bought a one way ticket i ain't coming back,

 so goodbye friends and goodbye foes,

am heading for the city and that’s my home,

and goodbye mama pleases don't cry,

see i can't stay... don't ask me why,

i got no money, just hopes and dreams

am gonna find my destiny,

i heard about life... life in the city,

So that’s where hope and dreams come true,

Am gonna work hard... in the city, so wish me well...wish me well,

 Am gonna be a famous super star, am gonna drive a big and fancy car,

And fly my own plane all across this world,

And when the time is right i find myself a girl,

I heard about life... life in the city, so that’s where hope and dream come true,

Am gonna work hard in the city so wish me well... wish me well.

i heard about life, in the city so that’s where on dreams come true am gonna work hard in the city so wish me well... wish me well,

I heard about life in the city that’s where hopes my dreams come true,
Am gonna work hard and when i get there so wish me well... wish me well. 
Source; AZ LYRICS

The Bayelsa born singer narrated in his about 5 minutes song the enthusiasm of a young man who filled his luggage with hopes and dreams as he journey to a land he had never been and to meet people he had never met, but hopeful to have the best he had never had. Promising to work so hard in the city. Throwing aside and behind the weights of emotions from families and friends, neglecting envy from foes, he made this journey of hope, in search of a land where dreams come through,  all he seek for is the prayer as a back-up.
He took a step, leaving where he was and moving one step after the other towards his goal, not letting his aspirations remain a mirage but pushing forward and upward. You cannot keep dreaming for too long, you have to take action, take steps, you cannot get fulfilled when your dreams remain in your sleep but fulfilment starts when you take the first step, continuing and persisting towards the path you have chosen and believe in. “Some people dream of success while others wake up and work hard at it” Napoleon Hill.
The structured design you have may not come as it is in black and white or straight as a line drawn with ruler but may be so rough like the road that leads to my home town or curvy like the road that takes you to the north, just know that you have a dream to fulfil and tackle each challenge as they come and keep moving forward.
In the words of Timi Dakolo, "I wish you well". Thanks to Timi for this wonderful piece and Cohbams Asuquo for putting it together.
“Wish me well” on replay mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment