Monday 6 July 2015

RAISING THE FASHION BAR:L’APPARELLA signature.

We bring to you this week another young and upcoming CEO who  has great passion for what he is doing and enjoys every bit of it. Abdul Ademola is the young and enthusiastic creative director of L’apparella Signature, Nigeria.
L'apparella Signature is basically a lifestyle company that is into the business of catering for the clothing and aesthetics need of individuals.
LabalabaNg had a chat with Abdul on behalf of our dear readers and it was another exciting moment. He is resilient, independent and result driven. Abdul is a graduate of Coperative and Business Management (B.Sc) from the prestigious Olabisi Onabanjo University and he is currently studying Fashion at Yaba College of Technology (Diploma). The Lagos born fashion entrepreneur found a line of business whereby he provides wardrobe management services, haute couture, ready to wears and also customizing services.

To know more about  his line of business, what inspired him and some other interesting tips about the world of fashion, Abdul has this to say;
“L’Apparella Signature not only sews or makes clothes; we strive to exceed the boundaries of clients’ clothing expectations by offering services and clothing that are uniquely designed for each client. We do more of sketches and illustrations to present the exact design that falls in line with client’s specifications. Our goal is to make outfits that are not just multi-functional but will also not be limited to a particular period in time.
L'Apparella started about four years ago but he turned it into a full-time enterprise two years ago. During these years he has been involved in several trainings, self-study and practices to develop himself and interestingly he is still studying.

LB:  What were the early years of business like?
Abdul: Whoa…being quiet naïve and new to the world of fashion, it was a rough path for me. With little knowledge in fashion, I ventured into the unfamiliar terrain. I must say a lot have been learnt and all I can say is … Thank God we have come this far


LB: Tell us more about your life of business?
Abdul: I am more into male wears and fashions, although I make female outfits too but more attention is on the male folks.

LB: I sense 'ojoro'(partiality) here?
Abdul: haha... Nothing of such I think less attention has been placed on the male fashion aspect overtime and the time is now for things to change.

LB: The 'change' syndrome is everywhere are you also a  member of a....
Abdul: Haha..... No. I am just  striving to be different with all my  styles so I can be  at the edge of other market negotiators.The truth is that a lot of people are into fashion but what we have seen so far is plagiarism (duplications) of someone’s supposed design. This limits the creativity of individual designers, what makes us different is the extra mile you go in creating and crafting designs that are in tune with client’s personality and specification.

LB: Who/what inspired/inspires you?
Abdul: Years ago  I use to find it extremely difficult to get an “off the shelf” shirt that fits me. I am a very tall person 6feet 3 inches and slim at that. So most time when I buy shirts from stores, the sleeves are either too short or the body will be too big. This prompted me to make my first “TAILOR-LORAN” (tailor-made shirt) and subsequently I ventured into learning the trade. As for who inspired me; the creativity of my father (An interior decorator) and the ever sassy designs of my younger sister (CEO RACL- Clothing) got me inspired.

LB: Abdul you are our first guest on this platform to say you were inspired by your dad. Thank you daddy for gearing up this young man.
Abdul: Hahha..... Thank you.


LB: I know someone would be glad to hear this! Shout out to the fathers!
Abdul: Lol

LB: Who are your role models in the fashion industry?
Abdul: Mai Atafo and Kola Kuddus.

LB:  Share with us your first job, what it was, who was it for, and how did you feel delivering the job?
Abdul: My first job was a Couple’s native, black guinea brocade attire with embroidery,for Mr and Mrs Dele Quadri. I felt so scared at first but with the sight of smile on their faces, I knew this was what I was destined to do.

LB: Designers you look up to?
Abdul: Yves Saint Laurent (Algerian Born French Designer), Mai Atafo (Nigerian designer), Kola Kuddus (Nigerian Designer), Robeto Capucci (Italian Designer), Simon Rademan (South African Designer).

LB:Did you ever feel like quitting at any point?
Abdul: Yes, but am glad I did not.

LB: So tell us what is trending in Nigerian fashion?
Abdul: For ladies, corporate dresses are shorter and the use of sheer materials and softer materials now with details blending well with the curves.
On the other hand, male folks fashion has been transformed now that men are more conscious of the fit of the cloth on them. Men wear more of slim fits now, hanging trousers that stop just at the ankle with and lastly men wear shorter and smarter agbada now with such magnificently designed embroidery on them. 


LB: I hope to get one, hope it won’t cost me a fortune?
Abdul: Though classy but I am affordable, trust me.

LB: Let's gist on the common errors in fashion?
Abdul: Wearing what is in vogue without putting into consideration what fits you right, Wearing horizontal stripes when you know you are a plus sized person or imagine a tall person wearing a vertical striped cloth, I can imagine what you are thinking, over accessorizing is another, people need to know that there is elegance in simplicity.


 
LB: This phrase should be noted "Elegance in simplicity." Please Abdul share with us  what is appropriate to wear for a ball? I mean for Ladies and Gentlemen
Abdul: For Gentlemen: A well-tailored suits, sparkly clean shirt with a bow tie and if you like you can contrast it all with a brooch or boutonniere or pocket flower.

Ladies: A swirling, sparkling, dramatic and V-necked gown will be graceful on any lady that knows her onion in fashion.

LB: What is needed for anyone who has  passion for this business?
Abdul: Passion and never the ending passion, you must possess the knowledge, skills and right attitude, never relent and never stop believing, keep learning and be focused.

LB: Our guests don’t leave without final words written on the marble.
Abdul: The easiest way is the deadliest way, so no short cut, you just have to pay your dues.

LB: On behalf of the Labalaba family and readers  I want to say a very big thank you to our very own tall, handsome and great boss of L'Apparella Signature. Your story has really inspired us. On your next dinner or outing be sure to have the right outfit on because the fashion police is on the look out. Lol....

See you next week and have a fashionable week.
You can catch  up with L’Apparella on the following social media;
Twitter and instagram handles; @lapparella86.

No comments:

Post a Comment